The Bowen Technique is a system of bodywork involving a series of gentle rolling moves applied to the skin using fingers and thumbs. The moves are generally made over soft tissue (muscles, ligaments, tendons, or fascia). No heavy pressure is applied, and there is no hard adjustment of joints.
The therapist leaves the room between sequences of moves to allow the body to respond to the work.
What Can the Bowen Technique Treat?
This light touch therapy is suitable for everyone, male and female, from newborn babies to the elderly. It is gentle enough to be suitable and safe for pregnant ladies.
The Bowen Technique can help with a variety of conditions, including:
Headaches (including Migraines)
Ear and Hearing Problems
- Hay Fever
- Respiratory Problems (particularly effective in children with asthma)
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Joint Pain
- Sports Injuries (treatment, prevention and management)
- Wrist and Ankle Sprains & Strains
- Tennis Elbow
- Golfer's Elbow
- Frozen Shoulder
- Digestive Problems (including constipation and Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Pelvic and Menstrual Pain
- Kidney and Urinary Tract Infections
- Fluid Retention / Lymphoedema
- Chronic Fatigue / ME / Fibromyalgia
- Stress and Anxiety
- Infant Colic
- Postural Problems
- Performance Enhancement
- Fertility Problems